Enrolled Agents

Shannon A. Shehorn, E.A.

Erica Furlow, E.A.

What is an Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent is a Federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the US Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service for audits, collections and appeals. All candidates are subjected to a rigorous background check conducted by the IRS and by passing a comprehensive examination which covers all aspects of the tax code.


Enrolled Agent and Continuing Education

In addition to stringent requirements and testing procedures in order to attain an Enrolled Agent, EA's are required to complete 72 hours of continuing professional education, reported every three years, to maintain their status. Unlike other tax professionals, only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS.
How can an Enrolled Agent help me?
Enrolled Agents (EA) advise, represent and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any entity with tax-reporting requirements. Enrolled Agents have extensive expertise in the continually changing field of tax law and this enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.

Securities offered through Cabot Lodge Securities LLC [CLS]. Member FINRA/SIPC

FINRA's BrokerCreek

Advisory services offered through CL Wealth Management LLC [CLWM]

200 Vesey Street, 24th floor, New York, NY 10281, 888.992.2268

Tax & Financial Advisors, Inc. is not controlled by or a subsidiary of Cabot Lodge Securities LLC.